[geeks] RHCE advice

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:32:21 CDT 2006

On 7/25/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Tue, 25 Jul 2006 @ 09:42 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
>
> > On the other hand, the head hunters are
> > reluctant to give you enough info about the placement to prevent you
> > from going after the job without the head hunter firm.

A:> ...which to me indicates that the whole industry needs to eliminate the
   > recruiters and start learning how to hire people.

B:> HR departments are worse now than they every have been, and are more
   > clueless than I would have thought possible ten years ago.

You can see how A & B are diometrically opposed, no?

I put it down to a number of things: HR has more to do now to cover
$corp's a$$ets legally; IT implements "systems" of automation to
"help" HR do their job without inquiring of HR what would really be of
use to them; HR is never truly trained on said "systems" once they are
implemented.

I mean, c'mon, we're in IT, we've seen the ridiculously stupid systems
that get put into place without consulting any of the end users.
*cough* Clarify *cough* Ariba *cough*cough* a hundred more.  I mean,
what's wrong with a company that sells UNIX to their customers and
then builds their corporate management systems on M$?  Just a few
examples, I'm sure we've all seen dozens more.

=Nadine=