[geeks] RHCE advice

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jul 28 12:26:24 CDT 2006

Tue, 25 Jul 2006 @ 23:32 -0400, Nadine said:

> I put it down to a number of things: HR has more to do now to cover
> $corp's a$$ets legally; IT implements "systems" of automation to
> "help" HR do their job without inquiring of HR what would really be of
> use to them; HR is never truly trained on said "systems" once they are
> implemented.

Most of the HR problems I see are HR problems, not an IT system imposed
on them.

In fact, most of them use a desktop computer and that's about it.

I've also been on a team or two to ask them what they wanted, and
believe me, consulting them only makes it worse in most cases.

I hate to say it, but so far very few HR departments I've dealt with
were competent.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any