[geeks] Wireless Routers

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu Jul 6 17:03:30 CDT 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 16:21, velociraptor wrote:
> I wish there was a reasonable no wires solution to the horror that is
> A/C adaptors.  Phone, PDA, iPod, bluetooth headset, camera, etcetera,
> etcetera.  I know about the magnetic induction chargers, but if my
> electric toothbrush is any indication, the heat generated negatively
> impacts battery life.

And *I* just wish that these idiots would stop making you need
external AC adaptors for stuff that will never move. Laptops, cell
phones, iPods, etc, I can all understand - you don't want to be
moving an AC adaptor around when you're on batt anyway.

But why should my switch, VCR, alarm clock, other switch, wireless
router (whether actually routing or not), usb hub, external drive
enclosures, etc etc, all need external power packs?

  - Micah