[geeks] Wireless Routers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 4 10:27:51 CDT 2006

Tue, 04 Jul 2006 @ 00:54 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> So, do there exist wireless routers that are ACTUALLY wireless routers,
> and not wireless NAT boxes?
>
> I'd like to use 802.11g to go between a pair of buildings.  Each
> building has a different and separate IP network (and should stay that
> way), so wireless bridges won't exactly work.  Each building has
> independent Internet access (through DSL, so talking between buildings
> is a little slow, hence this project), so they don't need to pretend to
> be NAT boxes.

I was getting ready to pose almost the same question.

I also have a pair of private nets I need to connect with a wireless
link.

Both have their own WAN gateway.

However, I do have one difference from Jonathan's setup: network A has a
slow connection, and is only used to route email and news.  The wireless
connection gets all other traffic, mostly ftp and http.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty