[geeks] Princeton Univ. Surplus Sale

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 5 21:39:23 CDT 2006

Hello all,

I stopped by the Princeton Univ. Surplus Sale (as mentioned earlier on this list), and saw a few interesting things:

(What appeared to be) 2 Origin 2000 systems, each looked like 2 racks worth of bits (there were 2 racks with the little monitor on the front)

Lots and lots of monitors (21" -> 17", nothing smaller that I saw)

a couple Dell P3 servers (PowerEdge 2300, PIII 600 MHz, 1024 Meg RAM, and estimated 4 HDs) - $41/each

About a dozen HP laserjets (LJ4 or better)

A Sun E250 with no HDs, one power supply, but nice, clean skins.

many nice, large desks, shelving, etc.

I got nothing, as I arrived at 2:15 (15 minutes before closing), and everything was cash-and-carry...

The fellows in charge said they have about 20-40 people waiting to run in once the door opens, they all seem to want the PCs to sell on eBay - everything else just sits there...

I'm gonna go back next week, probably try and pick up some shelving, a large desk or two, and maybe something else... Looks like some good deals there.