[geeks] I'd forgotten how much I dislike PayPal

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jan 24 09:43:25 CST 2006

Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> My wife and I just sold this French language course for kids called
> Muzzy on ePay and it went for $81.  Between listing fees, commission
> and PayPal charges we'll get about $70.00 out of the whole thing.  I'd
> forgotten how much I dislike ePay/PayPal.  The fees have gotten more
> exorbitant over the past year.

I recently got an email from one of their execs with a bunch of gushing
BS which and how fees were being reduced all around.

But from what I read, it looks like fees were being reduced for those
who paid for extra services, or had very high sales volumes.

For everyone else, it seems like there was either no change or it might
have gone up.

It sounds like eBay is slowly trying to convert to a store rather than
an auction house.