[geeks] Email Disclaimers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 13 18:41:18 CDT 2006

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 @ 16:12 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > So I created a database of quotations that met some simple criteria: I
> > liked it, or it was personally relevant, or it otherwise touched me in
> > some way.
> >
> > I have a program which chooses one and formats it every so often.
>
> In my case, vi is both an alias and a script that chooses a random
> quote from a flat file, stuffs it into my .signature, and then calls
> /bin/vi so every email and every USENET post has a random quote.

I used to do that, but there are a few times when I'm in different
programs, and I still want the same feature, so I just rotate the file.

One of the first UNIX socket programs I ever wrote was a program
where ~/.signature was a pipe, fed by a program which generated
a signature.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.