[geeks] Email Disclaimers

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Fri Apr 14 11:45:21 CDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > In my case, vi is both an alias and a script that chooses a random
> > quote from a flat file, stuffs it into my .signature, and then calls
> > /bin/vi so every email and every USENET post has a random quote.
>
> I used to do that, but there are a few times when I'm in different
> programs, and I still want the same feature, so I just rotate the file.

Mine works in every app that calls an external editor and uses a .signature
file.  (elm, tin, trn, nn, pine...)

I tend not to like/use GUI apps but they probably wouldn't call vi and
I'd have to rotate the file if I did.

> One of the first UNIX socket programs I ever wrote was a program
> where ~/.signature was a pipe, fed by a program which generated
> a signature.

Ooh, very nice.

-DanD

# Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own.
# You may both be wrong.  -Dandemis