[geeks] Need input

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Mon Apr 3 15:11:32 CDT 2006

I'm in the process of putting together a new server at the house (my current
one appears to be crashing every three hours...possible disk issues, possible
Adaptec controller issues...not sure as the panic locks it up pretty tight
every time).  I'm looking at putting together an Intel box because I've already
got some parts -- case, CD, floppy, cables, SCSI controller (qlogic), etc.).
I want a Pentium 4 (or AMD Opteron) system, around 3 GHz with about 1-2GB of
RAM.  I was wondering if anyone on the list had specific recommendations for
motherboards (the current case has an ABIT motherboard in it but it appears to
be fried because the box does not boot at all...no BIOS, no nothing).  Anyway,
I'd like some input before I buy something.

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect			   idubraws at siliconsec.com
dubrawsky.org