[geeks] Education

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 12:54:31 CDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:52:57 -0500 (CDT), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> <conspiracy>
> Because the government controls school funding, and the drug companies
> pay lots of "campaign contributions" with the understanding that
> schools will continue to feed kids sugary breakfasts and lunches
> without an outlet for all that energy.
> </conspiracy>
>
> How many cases of "ADHD" are "need to go outside and run around"?

In the UK, we recently had a TV chef do slightly more than campaign for
better school meals ... he went into schools to help start the process,
trained cooks, and tried to deal with the "we won't eat this muck"
reactions. One of the interesting outcomes was that once the children
were eating healthy stuff, there were far fewer problems with
'disruptive children' and the children were better able to concentrate.