[geeks] Education

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 29 13:04:41 CDT 2005

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 @ 23:52 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> How many cases of "ADHD" are "need to go outside and run around"?

For the most part, attention deficit disorders are fabricated bullshit.

99.9% of what is labeled ADD is more properly called "being a child".

Among adults, it is usually caused by being intelligent and surrounded
by mindless drones.

Real, genuine problems with attention deficit are mostly likely pretty
rare.

Giving a child a drug is simply much simpler and more profitable than
doing real parenting and teaching.

Somewhat aside:

I remember the first year they forced us to do PE and play sports during
recess.  I thought it was stupid then, and I still do.  That time should
be for the kids to do as they please.  We already had an hour of PE, and
I never gained anything from being forced into sports (or anything else
for that matter).

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The object of war is not to die for your
country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George S.