[geeks] Need refs for the clue-impaired on redundant PSUs

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:03:45 CDT 2005

Anyone have any good references out there regarding how
redundant PSUs generally work?  I need something, preferrably
from "experts," to give to the clue-impaired.

Some *ahem* people (I use this term loosely) are having issues
with hitting the ceiling on their UPS and incoming power and seem
to think removing the redundant PSUs on their existing servers will
give them room to add more servers.

I disavow all knowledge of the names of the in*duh*viduals
who think this.

And, why yes, I have had a couple of interviews lately, why do
you ask?

If anyone out there has appropriate credentials, I might be able
to get a 1-2 hour consulting fee...

I googled, but didn't come up with anything that fit the the
"Redundant PSUs for Dummies" level I think would be
necessary.

=Nadine=