[geeks] Need refs for the clue-impaired on redundant PSUs

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Sep 7 19:12:07 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 20:03, velociraptor wrote:
> Anyone have any good references out there regarding how
> redundant PSUs generally work?  I need something, preferrably
> from "experts," to give to the clue-impaired.

I seem to remember a thread on a Linux newsgroup about how this guy was seeing a 32MB file under his /proc or /dev filesystem and he had 16MB RAM.

He wanted to reduce the size, so someone said "if you remove 16MB of RAM, that file will be only 16MB in size".  He kept on asking whether this would be a good idea or not...

--Patrick