[geeks] Cocoa

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Oct 8 12:33:53 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:51:45PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 13:44, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > Does anyone know any particularly good guides to getting started (or
> > maybe I really want intermediate) with Cocoa?  Dead tree format is fine.
>
> You should get this book:
>
> Nextstep Programming:  Step One, by Simson Garfinkel and Micahel Mahoney ,
>
> looks to be cheapest at:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/0387978844/102-9882090-7246547
>
> I would loan you my copy, but for $4.75, you should buy your own :-)

That would be a fun book to have even if it doesn't totally cover what I
want.

I think that is the Nextstep book that I used to check out of the
library repeatedly wishing that I could someday get my hands on one of
those machines.

BTW, would you mind checking in your copy to see if it says anything
about mouseMove events? Other books I've looked at have covered mouseUp,
mouseDown, and mouseDragged, but not mouseMove.