[geeks] Cocoa

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Oct 7 18:51:45 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 13:44, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Does anyone know any particularly good guides to getting started (or
> maybe I really want intermediate) with Cocoa?  Dead tree format is fine.

You should get this book:

Nextstep Programming:  Step One, by Simson Garfinkel and Micahel Mahoney ,

looks to be cheapest at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/0387978844/102-9882090-7246547

I would loan you my copy, but for $4.75, you should buy your own :-)

> I found a hint at what I wanted to make the mouseMove events work in
> Apple's documents, which said to send setAcceptsMouseMovedEvents: to the

The above book specifically talks about NSView (well, NXView which is almost the same) and how to handle mouse events, drawing in your own window, etc.

--Patrick