[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Gaz God gaz.god at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:51:54 CST 2005

DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT

Gimme gimme gimme!!!!

I grant you a fully destructible environment is very hard to do well, but
even Duke Nukem let you blow hell outta stuff to your hearts content.

I mostly play these games as a form of stress relief why shouldn't i trash a
bathroom or shoot npcs if i want to?? (hands up who shot the strippers in
Nukem??).

// rant on
Another thing that bugs me about video games is (in the UK anyway) how they
are now the new evil that is rotting the minds of our youth (the media has
forgotten about rock n roll, and violent movies). There was a case in the
news some months back where a 15 yo boy was murdered by a 14 yo. The press
caught on that he played a Rockstar game call manhunt and all hell broke
loose. The game was banned by several major retailers. All hogwash of
course, but it sells papers. I'm sorry i believe there is an age rating on
these games for a reason and if parents let their kids play these games
rather than take their role seriously than they forfeit the right to bleat
about it after little johnny takes a gun to school.
I was playing vice city one day on my ps2 and a friend called round with her
8 yo son, as i turned the console off he started telling me about all the
stuff he'd done in that game. IF i ever heard of my daughter playing a game
like that (doesn't live with me) I'd go up the wall.
// end rant

Sorry about that :-)
Gary