[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Michael Vergallen mvergall at pandora.be
Wed Nov 30 02:18:41 CST 2005

Gaz God wrote:
> // rant on
> Another thing that bugs me about video games is (in the UK anyway) how they
> are now the new evil that is rotting the minds of our youth (the media has
> forgotten about rock n roll, and violent movies). There was a case in the
> news some months back where a 15 yo boy was murdered by a 14 yo. The press
> caught on that he played a Rockstar game call manhunt and all hell broke
> loose. The game was banned by several major retailers. All hogwash of
> course, but it sells papers. I'm sorry i believe there is an age rating on
> these games for a reason and if parents let their kids play these games
> rather than take their role seriously than they forfeit the right to bleat
> about it after little johnny takes a gun to school.
> I was playing vice city one day on my ps2 and a friend called round with her
> 8 yo son, as i turned the console off he started telling me about all the
> stuff he'd done in that game. IF i ever heard of my daughter playing a game
> like that (doesn't live with me) I'd go up the wall.
> // end rant

True ... It's mostly the problem that parents don't bother to supervise
   and educate their children anymore and then they blame others for
their shortcomings. The way I see it is that when one has kids you have
to put in the time.

Michael

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of mvergall.vcf]