[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 28 07:54:54 CST 2005

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> What totaly killed it for me was the day I got a hard disk for my
> Amiga 2000. I could load regular programs "instantly", but to load the
> games I had payed big bucks for, I had to find pirated versions without
> the copy protection. I then decided it was not work it to me at all....

*nod*

Personally, I love ubisoft's Ghost Recon.  But, the video card I
purchased for my new gamebox back in February (after UPS destroyed the
old one) came with two Ubisoft games bundled, Prince of Persia: Warrior
Within and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.  I was eventually able to
get Prince of Persia working after Ubisoft sent me a no-CD patch, but,
well, frankly, the game sucked goat balls.  It turned out to be a
game-console how-fast-can-you-hit-the-fight-button arcade game.
Splinter Cell, on the other hand, I actually wanted to play, but never
successfully got it working even with Ubisoft's help.

Because of this, I'll probably never take the chance on buying another
UbiSoft game.  There's also a good chance I won't buy Halo 2 when it
comes out, despite how much I liked Halo, because it was such a bloody
battle getting Halo to work.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518