[geeks] Worst. Ad. Evar.

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Thu Nov 24 04:40:25 CST 2005

> They are talking about a debit card, where the money comes out of your
> account immediately...so what is the difference between paying cash,
> or paying with a debit card?

The difference is, you don't have to carry cash. Sometimes, not needing
to have bits of paper is very handy. Also, being able to pay for things
where MasterCard is accepted without having hard currency, or a line of
credit is handy. (Online is a good example).

We had a system called Switch in the UK for long enough - it has
recently been replaced by VISA debit. I believe there was also Maestro,
which was the Mastercard equivalent.

S.

--
Steven Hill