[geeks] Worst. Ad. Evar.

Michael Vergallen mvergall at pandora.be
Thu Nov 24 05:28:39 CST 2005

Steven Hill wrote:

>We had a system called Switch in the UK for long enough - it has
>recently been replaced by VISA debit. I believe there was also Maestro,
>which was the Mastercard equivalent.

Yes ...however Maestro is the same as Switch but valid for Europe also
there is Bankcontact in Belgium that is equivalent to Switch in the UK.
And we also have Proton ( electronic change) The advantage with debit
cards is not requiring that a person writes a cheque in a store that
reduces the  amount of paperwork that a store has to deal with. In
Belgium we don't use cheque anymore.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of mvergall.vcf]