[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

Sat Nov 12 16:14:14 CST 2005

> One of the drive manufactuers insists that you run their diag
> software on the drive and send them the diag code before they'd RMA
> it.  That was a pain, esp when the drive wouldn't even spin up.

I'd expect that to get them in trouble, since not everyone will have
anything their diag software will run on; demanding that the customer
buy a new machine to their specs before they'll honour the warranty
sounds like the sort of thing that needs slapping down.

Which manufacturer was this?  I'd like to know whom to avoid.  (Or has
the policy changed by now?)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca