[geeks] my first electronics project

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Aug 7 23:57:26 CDT 2005

From: "David L Kindred (Dave)" <d.kindred at telesciences.com>

>     Dave> Are you planning on getting into electronics as a hobby?
>
> Anyone else remember the days when being a computer hobbyist basically
> meant you *were* an electronics hobbyist also?

Yes.  My first was an S-100 system where I bought the boards, soldered on the parts,
soldered the connectors on the bus, hooked up power and got it to work for about
five minutes.  My second was a Quest Super Elf kit which worked better, and I still
have it and it still works!  Of course, I'm crazy enough to use a Weller gun to
solder surface mount components...

Bob