[geeks] CP1500 Marathon box...

Matthew Poertner mpoertner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:52:59 CDT 2004

I picked up this "thing" on ebay a while back and it's been working
great but I want to know if I can do more with it.

It's labled "Marathon" and "Exodus NetSec".  The guy I bought it from
said Marathon made it for Exodus and Exodus has gone out of business.
It's a CP1500 (Compact PCI form factor) in a little box with 2 SCA
bays, a console port and 1 ethernet port - That's it.

What I'd like to know is if this CP1500 board will fit in another box,
what kind of box, and will it cost me a fortune?  The box has one
additional cPCI slot on it but the backplane doesn't seem to match the
cards I see on ebay.

I'd like to get external SCSI so I can hook up a cdrom drive to
install from instead of jumpstarting it.  Additional ethernet or
serial would be nice.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt

--
"I - did - not - have - sexual - relations - with that woman." -Bill Clinton.