[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Mon Oct 25 15:43:24 CDT 2004

correct, endorsing an unconstitution activity is not generally illegal.
(stating the opinion that a federal government official [whatever that
means] should be murdered, etc. is illegal, though.)

as a naval officer and as a us senator, john kerry has taken an oath to
uphold the us constitution and, thereby, has choosen to live by a higher
standard than you or i.  (assuming you have not taken a similar oath.
that is, oath-takers should not be flippant, etc. as non-oath-takers can
be.  without the power, a flippant remark is just that; with with power,
a flippant remark is a statement of intent and can be considered a crime
in itself as exampled by laws against threat and the legal use of the
word, "intent".)

it is clear from a reading of the constitution that john kerry has, in
your words, violated the us constitution.  his campaign promise of more
federal medical care is such a violation.

concerning subsidies, where in the constitution do it say that the
federal government is authorized or permitted to give money to farmers?
to banks?  (remember the fdic is a federally funded program.) to
homeowners for flood/foul weather insurance? to students?

by supplying subsidies, the federal government is, in some cases,
competing with business.
  e.g., the underwritting of insurance is competing with insurance
companies.

by subsidizing the usps in areas other than the constitutional monopoly
of first class mail, the federal government is competing with fedex,
ups, dhl, tnt, etc.

(there is a lot of stuff with the military and other government
employees is part of having employee, etc.  when the federal government
employees people, their inaction with their employee is similar/same as
a corporation/company/etc. and does not constitute a breach of the us
constitution.)

the second ammendement says that the federal government cannot restrict
the right of the individuals who make up the people to have firearms.
regardless of one's position on gun ownership, it is unconstitutional to
restrict these rights.  (some states even permit ex-felons/ex-convicts
to own guns once freed from state control and supervision.)

the constitution gores a lot of oxs!

the unions do not like the "free trade" sympathies of the constituion.
the do-gooders do not like the lazy faire attitude toward the citizenry
for it means their lose of control.
the politicos do not like the free speech standards because they stand a
greater chance to lose.
the law enforcement officers (beat cops) like that the "goods guy"
citizens can have guns.
and on and on.

hth
mh