[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Tue Oct 19 12:40:52 CDT 2004

>> > 3. The electoral college will fail Political science 101.
>>
>> Well, I think the electoral college has a few more years left in it -

>> everyone has invested too much time and effort trying to figure out
>> how to spin it to their advantage that most are reluctant to change
>> it.
>
>That's what keeps a lot of pork and overly-complicated law and
regulations around too: they are too profitable or powerful >for certain
people to want to get rid of.

the electoral college was designed to give more power to "the people"
and the states.
it was not designed to give "pork" to anyone.
nor is it "overly complicated".
it works in a predictable and efficient manner.
(and don't tell me that algore didn't know the rules; he just wanted to
change the rules when he knew he had lost!)

a reading of the federalist papers will dispel this myth (and well as a
reading of the anti-federal papers.

This message originates from Jewelry Television (TM) . The message and any
file transmitted with it is intended to be privileged and confidential. It is
intended only for the addressee named above. Any disclosure, distribution,
copying or use of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient,
regardless of address or routing, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete
the original message. Personal messages express views solely of the sender and
are not attributable to Jewelry Television (TM).