[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 23 12:24:39 CDT 2004

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 @ 13:40 -0400, Michael Horton said:

> >> Well, I think the electoral college has a few more years left in it -
>
> >> everyone has invested too much time and effort trying to figure out
> >> how to spin it to their advantage that most are reluctant to change
> >> it.
> >
> >That's what keeps a lot of pork and overly-complicated law and
> regulations around too: they are too profitable or powerful >for certain
> people to want to get rid of.

Your quoting is messed up.

> the electoral college was designed to give more power to "the people"
> and the states.
> it was not designed to give "pork" to anyone.

I didn't say it did.

I was talking about what has built up around it, and how anything which
gives people power is going to be hard to get rid of.

Note that also in the same thread we were talking about things like
parties, PACs, etc.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]