[geeks] Deathstar (another drive bites the dust)

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sat Oct 2 17:29:12 CDT 2004

Argh. RMA'd an IBM Deathstar about 4 month ago, got a "new" Hitachi
Deskstar that supposedly is not having any issues anymore. yeah right.
Last night I got awaken by the click of doom. 30gb worth of not yet
edited video lost. Ah well back to diggin out the DV tapes.

It smells like the PCB got fried or so. Whenever I plug it in the
harddisk starts to search and click really fast and then seem to
restart. Over and over.

Anybody know if I can replace the PCB to get the data off the drive?

-- Thomas