[geeks] Rackmount server recommendations

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Thu May 20 10:56:34 CDT 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:
> I've got to be able to point him at a "call them, give them $x as a
> part/config number, pay for it, have it shipped here" solution.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions so far.  I ws able to get a PE400SC config
> down to $509, so i think that's going to be the fallback option.

A-111 iServer: 1U Entry Level Rackmount, Small Footprint (1U, 14"
Depth), Low Power Consumption, 1Ghz. Base Price $499.

http://www.ironsystems.com/products/iservers/aclass/a111_low_power.htm

I have several servers from these guys and they've been great, though I
don't have any of this specific model.

Cheers,

Caleb