[geeks] UPS Battery

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat May 1 13:15:46 CDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Most batteries in small UPSes are sealed.  Most car batteries are not.
> So, just like the battery room for larger UPS installations, you need
> proper ventilation and a way to deal with the hydrogen.

I just light a match.

Ok, not really.  The batteries are installed in a metal battery box
that opens from the outside of the truck.  The door is vented.  It
was intended to be used this way, and is a secondary battery system
that charges when the truck runs and powers the electrical equipment
in the back.  I added the UPS as an inverter to run computers.
http://home.pcisys.net/~dand/mog/bob/image08.jpg
http://home.pcisys.net/~dand/mog/mymog/electrical/elec1.jpg

-DanD

# If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We
# might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -DEEP THOUGHTS