[geeks] UPS Battery

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat May 1 13:08:03 CDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Dan Duncan wrote:

> On Sat, 1 May 2004, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > I guess it depends on how well-ventilated your hacking area is.  Some car
> > batteries put out a whole load of toxic vapors when they're charging and
> > discharging.
>
> More than other lead acid batteries?

Most batteries in small UPSes are sealed.  Most car batteries are not.
So, just like the battery room for larger UPS installations, you need
proper ventilation and a way to deal with the hydrogen.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."