[geeks] Apple Motion videohungry?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Aug 21 20:45:04 CDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 09:13:31PM -0400, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> Wow... I just bought Apple Motion and can not run it without upgrading
> my video card on both of my macs.
> I wish I had know that earlier before pushing $300 over the counter.

Did it not say this on the box?  I know its mentioned fairly prominently
on the web site.

I finally bought iLife '04 on Saturday.. then later that afternoon, my
iBook showed up - with iLife '04 included!  D'oh!  At least I hadn't
opened the box and was able to take it back to Guitar Center for a
refund.

I'm feeling good right now - I bought a MIM Fender Strat today along
with a Fender Frontman 25R combo amp.  This replaced my old el-cheapo
Squier Strat and tiny Marshall combo amp - so I gave the Squier and
Marshall to a local kid who had been learning guitar, but the person
he'd been borrowing a guitar from moved.

Now he's got a nice setup - the Squier, the Marshall, and I also set
him up with a cheap tuner, extra set of strings, a strap, cable, etc:
http://www.mrbill.net/freeguitar.jpg

I had to laugh today - FIFTEEN YEARS after I started playing guitar, and
lusted after my instructor's white Fender Strat, I finally have my own
Fender (not Squier by Fender) Strat.

Bill

--
bill bradford