[geeks] Apple Motion videohungry?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Aug 21 20:41:34 CDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 09:13:31PM -0400, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Motion needs at least an RV350. Didnt really want to upgrade my video
> right now but it seems like I have
> to.

<snip>

> I wish I had know that earlier before pushing $300 over the counter.

Well, I thought they were pretty clear about what was required, but your
not the first person I've heard of being burned.

I wish it would just run on lighter hardware.  It seems to me like the
sort of thing that should be able to run on a Radeon 7000/Geforce2
hardware, even if they would choose to limit it to SD resolutions when
run on lower end stuff.

I can see how a nice CPU could be needed to run the actions and do real
time font rendering, but even with liberal use of hardware acceleration,
it just doesn't sound like it should stress video hardware all that
much.