[geeks] Apple Motion videohungry?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Aug 21 20:45:47 CDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 08:45:04PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I'm feeling good right now - I bought a MIM Fender Strat today along
> with a Fender Frontman 25R combo amp.  This replaced my old el-cheapo
> Squier Strat and tiny Marshall combo amp - so I gave the Squier and
> Marshall to a local kid who had been learning guitar, but the person
> he'd been borrowing a guitar from moved.

MIM=Made in Mexico?

That guitar and that amp sound a lot more respectable.than the old amp
and squire.  My squire experience was very painfull, even though it only
lasted a month.

Is the new axe a strat standard?  Is it a fat one?

> I had to laugh today - FIFTEEN YEARS after I started playing guitar, and
> lusted after my instructor's white Fender Strat, I finally have my own
> Fender (not Squier by Fender) Strat.

Ooh, I want one of those.  Not sure if white would be my first choice
though, but not sure that it wouldn't be either.  I go back and forth
between wanting a Strat, Tele, or something nice from Gretch.

Of course, none of those options are likely to happen any time soon,
unless I have a major life realignment.