[geeks] new toys. (firmware hack)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Nov 13 19:37:57 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:06:13 -0700 (MST)
Dan Duncan wrote:

> I'm shopping for a new laptop, and my requirements are fairly generic,
> so I'm considering an OS X-based laptop because it does seem to be
> nice hardware.  How little can I spend and come away with a system
> that performs usably under OS X?  Will the 800MHz 12" iBook do nicely?
>  How much
> memory should I throw at it? (I'm not sure how many slots it has vs
> onboard, etc, so I'd like to buy up front if it keeps me from having a
> spare simm to dump later) Dual heads would certainly be nice, as would
> bluetooth.

Just for comparison, my 12" 900Mhz (G3) iBook came with 10.2.3
installed.  It's now running 10.3.  This is one fast little bugger.  I
have 640MB installed - the max for the 12" G3 iBook.  It performs
better than "nicely", it's "fucking fantastic".

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes