[geeks] new toys. (firmware hack)

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 13 17:06:13 CST 2003

As I recall, 'Benjamin Gardiner' wrote:
> Just one word of warning, on the older iBooks it can render them
> unusable, as the graphics hardware can't support the monitor
> spanning...

I'm shopping for a new laptop, and my requirements are fairly generic,
so I'm considering an OS X-based laptop because it does seem to be
nice hardware.  How little can I spend and come away with a system that
performs usably under OS X?  Will the 800MHz 12" iBook do nicely?  How much
memory should I throw at it? (I'm not sure how many slots it has vs onboard,
etc, so I'd like to buy up front if it keeps me from having a spare simm to
dump later) Dual heads would certainly be nice, as would bluetooth.

Thanks for any info.

-DanD

#  The screensaver software (or text client) makes proteins using our new, fast
#  algorithm. You can see it working as it builds proteins on your monitor.
#  http://www.distributedfolding.org/