[geeks] This whole SCO thing is out of control...

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Fri May 30 15:54:16 CDT 2003

On Friday 30 May 2003 03:21, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> on this case, and it just nauseates me...

Likewise.

> Also, the stupidity of waiting a month and requiring an NDA to see how
> publicly available code snippets of 5 to 10 lines in Linux infringe on

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find snippets of code 5-10 lines
long in the Linux kernel[0] that are in common with the SCO kernel ... after
all they're both doing the same job on the same hardware.

> Stoopid SCO... /dev/null is too good for them!

I don't think they really qualify as stupid. Certainly evil, but they're
already making money out of this (the Microsoft license) and there was a
reasonable chance that they're going to make a fair bit more.

At least before Novell decided that they haven't got a leg to stand on.