[geeks] new disk in my octane

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat May 17 09:34:12 CDT 2003

Just in case you were wondering, as if it wasn't ovious to begin with, a
fast disk in your Octane will speed up the entire system - dramaticly.

I still have my 9GB system disk in there, but I moved all of /usr/people
and all of /usr/freeware to a new 10k 36GB disk (I've always used a
seperate 4GB disk for swapfiles and some temporary storage).  Not only
are file reads/writes in my home dir faster, but any software I put in
/usr/freeware is tons faster to load and run.  Yes, noticably faster.

--
Kurt             "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it
kurt at k-huhn.com   would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."