[geeks] was Re: [rescue] Re: right to die ...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Jun 27 13:16:29 CDT 2003

> >> and on point 2... I'd rather sit with my leg touching someone for a
> >
> > No, I'm talking about the people that flow out of their seat with the
> > arm-rest lodged somewhere in their side.  I've BTDT, and since slimmed
> > down, so I wouldn't classify it as a disability, either.
> >
> I was including those people too... the max 1.5'ers... like Nancy
> (1.3-1.4).
>
> I think as long as the person is:
>
> A. underneath or against rather than on top of you
> B. isn't smelly and unkempt [including breath... and I ride next to
> awfully smelly people sometimes on the train I ride every day]
>
> (It doesn't bother me...even if it's a total stranger)

I don't want anyone against me for the flight if I don't know them,
and even then probably not.  I want to maximize the use I'm getting
of the seat for which I paid rent.  I find it hard enough to get
comfortable on a flight without someone shrinking the amount of room
I have to use.

> Things that bother me are usually things people can help... for
> instance yelling at your cell phone.

Well, I'm sure you've noticed that once the plane is at the gate
there are almost always lots of people that immediately turn on
their phones and start talking in a loud voice.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net