[geeks] was Re: [rescue] Re: right to die ...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Jun 27 13:29:45 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 02:16 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
> I don't want anyone against me for the flight if I don't know them,
> and even then probably not.  I want to maximize the use I'm getting
> of the seat for which I paid rent.  I find it hard enough to get
> comfortable on a flight without someone shrinking the amount of room
> I have to use.

I guess I accept it because I also feel that Southwest is a
"bus-company" airline... they have one type of seat and one type
only...there is no division.  If I was using your argument I'd pay more
for business or first class so I get better treatment... I can't pay
extra Metro North fare so nobody will sit next to me... (I'd love to
btw.)

When you pay Southwest's rock bottom prices you can't complain much
about being crammed into a small uncomfortable space... and the
benefits usually outweigh the disadvantages... i.e. almost always on
time and very inexpensive.

>> Things that bother me are usually things people can help... for
>> instance yelling at your cell phone.
>
> Well, I'm sure you've noticed that once the plane is at the gate
> there are almost always lots of people that immediately turn on
> their phones and start talking in a loud voice.

I guess... more like train riders who make a call and talk so everyone
can hear them...even worse if they have some incessant donkey laugh or
something.

Andrew