[geeks] was Re: [rescue] Re: right to die ...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 27 12:44:38 CDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Fat tax is discrimination against people with poor eating habits...

They're specifically targeting the obese.

> it's the government being mom and dad and telling us what to eat...
> it's not against differently sized people... that would be Southwest
> Airlines.... both things are wrong, however...

I actually agree with Southwest.  If your ass is too big to fit in one
seat, and you're going to climb over into the seat next to you, then one
of two things is going to happen:

  1) No one will be able to sit next to you (so you're effectively
     taking as much room as two passengers).
  2) The person sitting next to you is going to have a -very- miserable
     flight.

#1 causes them to lose revenue.  #2 causes them to lose customers which
causes them to lose revenue.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren