[geeks] was Re: [rescue] Re: right to die ...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Jun 27 12:34:25 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 01:12 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Because you can only discriminate based on race and age in this
> country,
> not by size.  Although, they're working really hard to change that (see
> also: "the fat tax").

Fat tax is discrimination against people with poor eating habits...
it's the government being mom and dad and telling us what to eat...
it's not against differently sized people... that would be Southwest
Airlines.... both things are wrong, however... the government has no
right to dictate what chemicals I ingest (see also drug laws...) they
have only the right to dictate whether I can use something that has a
high probability of interfering with other people's rights and space...
i.e. you can't drink and drive.

BTW it is Ortiz who is behind the Fat Tax... he's an a**hole.

Andrew