[geeks] FS: Cisco AP350 and 48V Power Supply

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Jun 23 11:42:05 CDT 2003

On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 12:37 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> The only other option open to me is significantly boosting 802.11b
> xmit power, but that makes me a bit nervous.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you boost it properly, i.e. with an amplifier and antenna in the
right combination, there's nothing to fear. If you do it by jacking the
signal out of band, then you should fear, as you're stepping on toes.
It's not likely someone will come looking for you because of it, but if
they come looking, they'll find you and fine you, as far as I know.

There is an antenna solution for almost every wireless problem, but
it's not always cheap.

---sambo