[geeks] Quick CG question...

KRM kevin at pipeline.com
Sat Jun 14 20:04:59 CDT 2003

I believe a great deal of the first Toy Story was rendered on SS20s.  I
can't imagine waiting for Renderman to complete a film resolution frame
on one of those.  Traditionally, Pixar has always used SGI boxen to do
the actual work on and Suns to render, although a lot of work for both
rendering and production is going to linux on peecees now.  I've always
wondered why they chose Suns to render on as opposed to using larger SGI
machiunes....

/KRM