[geeks] Psychotropics aka anti-depressants, etc

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Jul 26 15:22:44 CDT 2003

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 03:16 PM, N.Miller wrote:
> As with all things there are good and bad teachers.  You'll note
> that I put parents first in that sentence. ;-)  Certainly a hell
> of a lot more bad parents in the world than bad teachers, buy
> simple arithmatic.  My feeling is, if the parents are good, poor
> teachers will not have much affect on the kid of said parents.

I agree with this one.  Some of the best people I've know have had the
worst childhood/school experiences but cam through it because the
parents didn't take any sh!t from people who "knew better" than they did
what their child needed.

> It's a good thing I don't like people/gov'ts, etc messing with
> me and mine or I might advocate things like licensing/training to
> be able to have children and pets. :-/

Don't get me started.  With some of the parents I've met in the past
this would be a good thing.  I know _I_ could pass such a class.  Heck
most people could.  But a good portion would fail in my opinion.

Mike Hebel

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655