[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Fri Jul 18 15:12:44 CDT 2003

Mike Meredith [mailto:mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk] on Friday, July 18, 2003
2:57 PM said;

> Whether or not you believe that gun control increases (or decreases)
> crime, the UK probably isn't a good choice for comparison.

Which is true for nearly ... anywhere.  What works there doesn't work here
and visa versa.  I wonder why people insist (and I'm as guilty as anyone I
suppose) on seemingly trying to impose their worldview on the Other Guy and
insisting they must be right because by golly it works for them.

> Besides which I'd bet that any effect that gun controls have on crime is
> probably drowned in the noise caused by the effect of drugs laws.

Worms, 1 Can of, Opened.

~brian