[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 16 14:06:58 CDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:46:31 -0700
"N.Miller" <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:

> And as Sun Tzu said, "Know thy enemy,"--the latest gun control
> advocacy tactic is "firearm training".

Please, don't get me started on that.  A lot of gun owners have fallen prey
to this one.

The Ohio house of representative passed, and sent to the senate, a bill on
concealed carry that was fairly rubbish - but at least allowed citizens the
right to carry concealed firearms.  then the senate destroyed the bill even
more.  One of the points of the bill was an extensive amount of training -
the actual amount escapes me but I seem to recall a figure of 12 hours being
bantied about at one point.

NRA president Wayne Lapierre also seems to have fallen under the spell of
requiring gun holders to be "properly trained".  Last year the NRA had a
hand, in conjunction with a couple law enforcement organizations, in helping
to completely butcher a similar concealed carry bill that died in the
senate.

No matter, if the Ohio Supreme Court reacts as most people expect them to,
any law making concealed carry illegal may be struck down and there'll be
nothing standing in the way of honest folks carrying concealed weapons to
protect themselves.

If that scares you, well, what can I say....

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."