[geeks] Amy, You win WAS RE: Avoiding etc...

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sun Feb 2 16:25:12 CST 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Chris Byrne wrote:
> You have insulted my intelligence, my experience, my honesty and my
> honor.

You insult yourself. Not that I really care, it's not my problem.

> You have made up your mind. You did so long ago during the "vinophiles
> of the world unite" thread, or even before. You have made it clear that
> every word I have said since then you have discounted. It seems that
> every time you have seen my name, or read anything I wrote you have
> found it annoying.

I ain't the only one, babe. I'll freely admit that every single time your
name comes up I start twitching..and when I get people complaining to me
about your writing style, your life, your <whatever>, it gets substantially
worse. But it's more than me. You've got to get this through your head. I
only step in (note I hadn't posted to geeks@ in quite a long time?) when
*at least* a dozen people are fed up with something.

> I pity you that you are so petty, mean, and small. I pity you that
> something for which you say you have so little regard means so much to
> you that you would be so vile, foul, and insulting.

That's nice. And in kind I'll pity your inability to deal with reality.

> It has become clear that any time I post anything to this list I will be
> attacked. This serves no purpose other than division and reducing the
> enjoyment of all the people involved. I am unsubscribing from this list.
> You have won.

No, I didn't win a thing. I was just sick of you going on and on about
yourself, sick of hearing about it elsewhere on other lists, sick of
hearing about it in my inbox, sick of hearing your denials, your excuses,
and your pity-me crap. So I said what I thought to try and get it through
your thick head that you're an annoyance to many people for many reasons
in the faint hope that you might wise up and stop some of it. And I'm
truly sorry if you can't deal with or handle what I (or others) happen to be
thinking.

A win would've been to get you to realize your faults and failings and
alter or change them to suit this audience.

> met a more interesting group of people. I am sorry that we had to part
> in this way.

Nice guilt trip. But it won't work.

--a