[geeks] Amy, You win WAS RE: Avoiding etc...

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sun Feb 2 15:59:08 CST 2003

You have insulted my intelligence, my experience, my honesty and my
honor.

There is little way for me defend myself other than to say my knowledge
stands for itself. You may not like me personally, and you may not
believe a word I say.  You may not like the way I write, or the topics I
chose, but you cannot credibly call me an idiot.

If you wish to question any part of what I say, I can't stop you nor
would I if I could. I can only respond with what I know, what I
believe,or what I feel.

I have given you no reason to believe I have lied other than what I have
said being unusual, perhaps even unbelievable. That being said I doubt
you have in any way attempted to verify or disprove anything I have
said. I freely admit that I have been wrong, imprecise, vague,
irrational and otherwise mistaken, perhaps often, and I'm sure I
certainly will be in the future, but I have not lied.

I could attempt to defend myself by citing proof or records but it
wouldn't matter, and I wouldn't demean myself by doing so. I could
explain every statement I have ever made from here to heaven and you
wouldnt care. You would discount them or ignore them.

You have made up your mind. You did so long ago during the "vinophiles
of the world unite" thread, or even before. You have made it clear that
every word I have said since then you have discounted. It seems that
every time you have seen my name, or read anything I wrote you have
found it annoying.

I pity you that you are so petty, mean, and small. I pity you that
something for which you say you have so little regard means so much to
you that you would be so vile, foul, and insulting.

I realize that this statement was most likely deliberately provocative.
You have been deliberately and outrageously offensive before whenever
you wished to get rid of someone. You have deliberately provoked
offensive responses, or dismissed anyone who objected. You find me
intolerable. I accept this. I find you equally intolerable.

This thread was prompted by my responding to a question with verifiable
fact. This was responded to with the intimation that I was a blowhard
for responding. Had anyone else made the same response as I had, it
would have been processed, enjoyed, and perhaps responded to, continuing
the discussion.

It has become clear that any time I post anything to this list I will be
attacked. This serves no purpose other than division and reducing the
enjoyment of all the people involved. I am unsubscribing from this list.
You have won.

I thank everyone I have known from this list for the three years of
interesting, strange, wild, unusual, fun stuff. I have never in my life
met a more interesting group of people. I am sorry that we had to part
in this way.

Cheers,

Chris Byrne
The Eyes May Be the Windows on the Soul