[geeks] Followup on weapons seizure

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 09:47:06 CST 2003

--- Brian <bri at sonicboom.org> wrote:
> I would completely support the idea of showing id to register and to
> vote, to limit the number of errors that occur.

Agreed - identification is no problem, qualification is.

The heightened interest in Palm Beach County (FL) elections this last
year highlighted the fact that some folks were voting two or three
times (once in NYC, once in FL, and for some, claiming addresses in
foreign countries). The folks who came up with this clever way to make
"their votes count" just a bit more than others were suprised to learn
that they could get jail time for this...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com