[geeks] some cool stuff available

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Sep 27 11:49:47 CDT 2002

   Hi folks.  I have the following stuff available for sale.  Getting my
mortgage straightened out cost me every penny I had, now I'm very short
of money and need to sell some stuff fast.  Drop me a note if you're
interested.  All this stuff is easily shippable.

  - Macintosh G4 Tower
    400MHz G4, AGP graphics ("Sawtooth"), 768MB RAM, 18GB of Fast/Wide
(68pin) SCSI disk.  Running MacOS 10.1.5, will include Jaguar (10.2)
CDROMs.  DVD-ROM, fancy ATI video card (Rage 128 Pro I think) with 16MB
VRAM.  USB, FireWire, the whole enchilada.  100% mint condition,
original owner, original box, all-around great machine.  Kick-ass CPU
upgrades are available from Sonnet Tech, even dual processor modules.
Perfect ticket to get into OS-X in style, with a fast, beefy, and
upgradable machine.  Comes with original mouse but without keyboard.
Asking $1000.

  - Tadpole SPARCbook.
    Model 3XP (85MHz SS5).  Three columns of bad pixels all the way on
the right side of the display, but in great condition other than that.
Comes with wall power adapter, car power adapter, ethernet dongle,
*really nice* fitted carrying case, and some other misc accessories.
Currently loaded with SunOS4 and X.  Asking $275.

  - Data I/O model 2900 device programmer
    Programs 6,240 different types of devices from 77 different
manufacturers (no shit).  Handles PROMs, EPROMs, EEPROMs, flash
devices, microcontrollers (including PICs), FPGA configuration boot
chips, various types of programmable logic, and pretty much any other
integrated circuit that's capable of storing data.  Comes with v6.0
boot disks (not quite current but close) and DIP carrier (other
carriers such as SOIC and PLCC in various sizes are available on eBay).
  Comes with full original manual.  This device connects to a serial
terminal or a computer running a terminal emulator, and interacts with
the user via an ANSI full-screen interface.  Can copy, program, erase,
verify, etc.  Can store and load images to or from DOS-formatted
floppies or via the serial port.  Can be remotely controlled by
software; the remote control protocol is fully documented in the
manual.  This is a *sweet* device...I have two of these; I use one
nearly daily, but I don't need two so I want to sell this one.  Asking
$300.

  - Furuno 1621 Mk. 2 marine radar
    16 mile digital marine radar, closed array, LCD display, NMEA
interface.  Brand new, never installed.  Includes everything it came
with when it was bought, except the original box...all cables and
installation materials, hardware, documentation, etc. are there.  Mint
condition.  Asking $1000.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Wimmin' love to rub
St. Petersburg, FL                my shiny dome."    -Pete Wargo